Beautiful beach roads
West Coast Odyssey
The West Coast Odessey covers the beautiful Karnataka coastline of Mangalore, Udupi and more. Over 170 km of riding with many stunning sights along the way!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
February 21, 2020
Activity Level Strenuous
Group Size Medium Group
Beautiful coastal rides, all on beach & village roads. One needs nothing more! This tour covers the coastline of Mangalore, Udupi and beyond. Some sections run through little slivers of land with the Arabian Sea on one side and the backwaters on the other. This idyllic coastline is the best place to get away for a few days from the city. The people are warm and hospitable, the beaches are pristine and the sunsets are to die for!
- Guided cycling and curated travel experience
- 2 nights stay in comfortable rooms beside the backwaters
- All meals on tour days
- Ride refreshments
- Support vehicle
- First-aid & emergency management
- Kayaking and stand-up paddling equipment and instruction
- Rental bike (available as an add-on)
- Personal expenses
- Transportation to Mulki and back to your city (bus ticket booking will be facilitated for Bangalore participants)
- All meals and expenses enroute to the coast and back
- Optional surfing lessons
20th Feb 2020
- Depart from Bangalore by bus at 22:00, overnight journey to Mulki
21st Feb 2020
- Arrive at the homestay in Mulki at 6:00
- Freshen up and have breakfast
- 7:00 to 15:00: Ride down south to Suratkal and back. 50 km ride
- 16:00: Stand-up Paddling & Kayaking
22nd Feb 2020
- 6:30 to 17:30: Ride up north towards Kodi Bengere and back. 90 km ride.
23rd Feb 2019
- 7:00 to 13:00: Stand-up Paddling & Kayaking and optional surfing lessons
- Relax in the homestay and surrounding beaches until evening or a local ride of about 25km
- Sunset on the beach
- Depart at 20:00, overnight bus journey to Bangalore
Ride into the ocean!
The lighthouse at Kapu
This surf retreat by the backwaters in Mulki is the ideal base for our cycling expedition in the west coast. You’ll get to do try some kayaking and stand-up paddling in the backwaters too. They’re fully equipped with all the requisite safety gear. You’ll enjoy your time in the water under the supervision of professional instructors.
- 50% refund on cancellations done before 11 pm on 18th Feb
- No refund in case of cancellation after that or for now shows
We’ll book bus tickets for participants who make their tour reservations on or before 17th Feb 2019