Trippy Kerala (Alleppey-Vagamon-Ramakkalmedu)from
‘Trippy Kerala’ is segment 1 of our unique 3 segment itinerary in Dec’19, coursing through the breadth of southern India from Alleppey in the west coast, over and across the Western Ghats and down to Dhanushkodi in the East coast. This coast to coast epic journey presents south India in its many hues, cultures, landscapes and its diverse, intriguing history.
‘Trippy Kerala’ spans 3 nights, 3 days, with ~150km riding (with a total elevation gain of ~3000 m) in Alleppey, Vagamon and Idukki.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Date ActivityDecember 21, 2019
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
‘Trippy Kerala’ is segment 1 of our unique 3 segment itinerary in Dec’19, coursing through the breadth of southern India from Alleppey in the west coast, over and across the Western Ghats and down to Dhanushkodi in the east coast. This coast to coast epic journey presents south India in its many hues, cultures, landscapes and its diverse, intriguing history. The itinerary includes cycling, trekking, camping, wildlife spotting and visits to various cultural and historical sights, providing an immersive and untainted experience that the discerning traveller will appreciate. Expect an experience of a lifetime!
‘Trippy Kerala’ spans 3 nights, 3 days, with ~150km riding (with a total elevation gain of ~3000 m) in Alleppey, Vagamon and Ramakkalmedu in Idukki.
- Curated travel & guided cycling experience (2 tour/ride leads with drivers and other staff)
- Accommodation in some of the best homestays and campsites in the region
- All meals (fixed main course, tea/coffee)
- In tour transfers by cab/mini-bus
- Mechanical support
- Support vehicle
- Ride refreshments
- First aid support & emergency management
- Transportation of cycle from Bangalore and back to Bangalore
- Transportation of participants to the ride starting point (Alleppey) and from the ride ending point (Suryanelli in Idukki)
- Rental bicycle (available as an add-on)
- Personal Expenses
- F&B other than the meals included
Day 1, 21st Dec
- Report at the meeting point in Aleppey by 6:30 am
- 35 km ride through villages and along the banks of the pristine Alleppey backwaters
- Explore Vembanad lake on a houseboat
- Overnight stay at a waterfront homestay
Day 2, 22nd Dec
Alleppey - Vagamon
- Transfer to the starting point of the ride in cabs/min-bus arranged by PiT
- A challenging ride that includes a 12km climb up to Vagamon. Distance: 50km , Elevation gain: 1750 m
- Explore the 250 acre property where we’d be camping overnight. The property encompasses lush forests and farmland and has to be experienced to be believed.
Day 3, 23rd Dec
Vagamon - Ramakkalmedu
- Another challenging ride that descends into the valley before climbing up towards Ramakkalmedu. Distance: 65 km , Elevation gain: 1750 m
- Overnight stay at the campsite in Ramakkalmedu, on a bed of clouds!
Departure from segment 1
- This marks the end of segment 1 of the tour. Those who are not continuing to segment 2 will depart from here.
We’ve selected places of accommodation that not only suit the routes we’ll be riding on but also add to the experience of the tour. There’s a home stay on the shores of one of Vembanad’s idyllic canals. There’s a campsite in a 250 acre forest-farm in Vagamon and campsite floating on a cloud bed in Ramakkalmedu. If it weren’t for the exciting rides every day, you would never want to leave any of these locations.
We will transport your cycles but you will need to arrange transportation for yourself. Get in touch with us if you need help with bus/train/flight bookings.
- 50% refund on cancellations done on or before 11 pm,15th Dec
- no refund in case of no-show or cancellations after 11 pm 15th Dec.