The Melagiri Challengefrom
Join us on this 65 km bicycle ride through the tranquil Aiyur forest region in the Melagiri hills. Be prepared for a breathtaking day tour in some challenging terrain. Our carefully mapped out biking routes here weave through hills, forests, farms and several water bodies. Long distance riding can’t be more fun than this!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Date ActivityJanuary 2, 2021
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
Join us on this 65 km bicycle ride through the tranquil Aiyur forest region in the Melagiri hills. Our route weaves through hills, forests, farms and several water bodies. Bicycle tours can’t be more fun than this! The ride includes an intense climb up a hill and through a pristine forest. The sheer beauty of these landscapes will make you forget your tiring legs. The rest of the route is mostly flat or downhill.
It is not mandatory for everyone to ride the entire distance that’s planned. You could hop into the support vehicle if you wish and still enjoy the rest of the journey in this enchanting land.
Meeting point: https://goo.gl/maps/8h4wUUcpK8B2
Meeting time: 5:30
Total Riding distance: 65 km
Elevation Gain: ~1000 m
- Helmet if you’re bringing your own cycle
- A 2 or 3 Litre hydration pack that’ll fit in a small backpack or 2 water-bottle
- A small backpack to carry your water and personal belongings. Travel light!
- We’ll be providing electrolytes, fruits and dry fruits on the ride. Please carry a packed breakfast
- Any personal medication
- Padded Cycling shorts
- Bicycle lights, front and back
- Comfortable dry-fit clothing for the ride.
- Riding sunglasses
- Riding gloves
- Make sure your bike is serviced and ready for the ride!
- Guided cycling and curated travel experience
- Bicycle transport
- Support vehicle
- Mechanic support
- Scrumptious gourmet lunch
- Ride refreshments
- First aid support
- Rental Bikes (available as an optional add-on)
- Transportation of riders (car-pooling will be facilitated)