Misty Mountain Hop! (Nilgiris)from
Do you love traveling, cycling and exploring the outdoors? Want to head to the hills for some peace, to soak in their natural beauty and escape the din of the cities and the heat of the plains?
The “Misty Mountain Hop” is the perfect weekend biking getaway for you. You’ll conquer difficult climbs and enjoy the pristine beauty of the blue mountains.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Date ActivityApril 18, 2019
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Medium Group
“..So Ive decided what Im gonna do now
So Im packing my bags for the Misty Mountains
Where the spirits go now
Over the hills where the spirits fly..”
‘Misty Mountain Hop’ – Led Zeppelin, 1971
We totally get these iconic lyrics. Who wouldn’t want to head to the mountains for some peace, to soak in their natural beauty and escape the din of the cities and the heat of the plains?
The majestic Nilgiris (or blue mountains) are part of the Western Ghats and cover nearly 2500 square kilometres. These mountains are an integral part of a protected biosphere, known for its wildlife and dense forests and many lakes, reservoirs and waterfalls.
Our itinerary is ideal for those who love traveling, cycling and exploring the outdoors. You’ll conquer difficult climbs, enjoy the pristine beauty of the blue mountains and stay in a campsite nestled in these hills. We’ll be covering some of the quieter and more off-beat destinations in the region.
Departure: 5:00 pm on 18th April
Return: 10:30 pm on 21st April
What to (compulsorily) bring:
– helmet if you are bringing your own bike
– powerful bicycle lights (front and back) and reflectors
– jacket (it’s going to be pretty cold in the hills in the evenings)
– padded cycling shorts (unless you’re already numb to saddle soreness)
– if you’re bringing your own bike, make sure it is serviced and ready for the ride
– a couple of spare tubes if you’re bringing your bike
– guided cycling and curated travel experience
– 3 nights stay
– b’fast and lunch on all tour days
– transportation of your bicycle
– ride refreshments
– support vehicle
– mechanic support
– first aid and emergency management
– Transportation of people. Car-pooling will be facilitated from Bangalore.
– Personal expenses
– Bike rentals (available as an add-on)
18th April 2019
We’ll depart from Bangalore at 12 pm and drive over to Lovedale near Ooty.
19th April 2019
70 km ride with 1700 m elevation gain – This is an iconic ride that will take you through perfectly manicured tea gardens and thick shola forests. The ride will take your breath away, both figuratively and literally.
20th April 2019
80 km ride with 1450 m elevation gain / 2300 m loss – You’ll be doing a long and beautiful descent before riding up a whole lot of switchbacks, up a thickly forested hill.
21st April 2019
This day is open for people to either relax or partake in the myriad activities available at the campsite or to visit the local sights in and around Lovedale and Coonoor.
We’ll depart to Bangalore after lunch.
– No refund in case of a no-show.
– No refund on cancellations within 48 hours from departure.
– 50% refund on cancellations done before that.
There will be a support vehicle throughout the rides. You can load up your bike and take a breather whenever you want, while still enjoying the travel experience.