Kenneth Anderson Trailsfrom
This trail is named after an Indian-born, British author named Kenneth Anderson who explored the many jungles of South India, especially those around Bangalore, in search of man-eaters. He wrote about these jungles in an era when MG road was called South Parade and duck hunting was a seasonal treat on Kanakapura road.
We’ll retrace his adventures on biking routes that course through the jungles made famous in his books and soak in the charms of a time long past.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Date ActivityJuly 20, 2019
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Medium Group
- Curated and guided cycling and travel experience
- Transportation of bicycles
- 1 night stay in a lovely farm-house set amidst a 25 acre farm
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Day 1. Breakfast on Day 2.
- Ride refreshments
- Mechanical support
- All expenses during transit and meals not mentioned above
- Transportation of riders (carpooling will be facilitated)
- Personal expenses
- Bike rentals (available as an add-on)
20th July 2019
- Depart from Bangalore at 4:00 am
- Start the ride from the farmhouse at 06:00 am – 90 km ride (1300 m elevation gain) with an exit point to do a ~40 km ride for those who don’t want to do the full ride.
- B’fast and lunch during the ride
- Return back to the farm; dinner and overnight stay at the farmhouse
21st July 2019
- B’fast at the farmhouse
- Explore the 25 acre farm
- Return to Bangalore by 12:30 pm
The kind of back-country roads we love!
Chiguru farm has a beautiful, rustic farm-house with spacious rooms and offers authentic local Karnataka cuisine. It is perfectly located to explore the Kenneth Anderson Trails. One can also explore the farm by foot and there’s even a 2 km single-track trail along the circumference of the farm.
- 50% refund if cancelled on or before 10 pm, 18th July
- No refunds if cancelled after that and for no-shows