Kenneth Anderson Trailsfrom
This trail is named after an Indian-born, British author named Kenneth Anderson who explored the many jungles of South India, especially those around Bangalore, in search of man-eating tigers. He wrote about these jungles in an era when MG road was called South Parade and duck hunting was a seasonal treat on Kanakapura Road.
We’ll retrace, if not relive, his adventures on biking routes that snake through the jungles made famous in his books and soak in the charms of a time long past.
Meeting Time: 6am
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Date ActivityNovember 22, 2020
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
- Curated and guided cycling and travel experience
- Transportation of bicycles
- Lunch at a farmhouse.
- Ride refreshments
- Mechanical support
- All expenses during transit and meals not mentioned above
- Transportation of riders (carpooling will be facilitated)
- Personal expenses
- Bike rentals (available as an add-on)
- Meeting Time 6:00 a.m.
- Meet at the starting location
- We’ll start after a ride briefing and instructions to beginners on the do’s and don’ts of using gears and brakes.
- Ride - 40km/70km 6:30 a.m.
- 40 km Ride with total elevation gain of 500m for Level 2 riders through the Kenneth Anderson trails.
- 50-70 km Ride with total elevation gain of 650-900m for Level 3 riders.
- Lunch After Completing the Ride
Upon completion of the ride, we’ll have lunch at a farmhouse in Chiguru Farm which is situated in Bilikal Forest, Kanakapura.
The kind of back-country roads we love!