Lug it up that hill!
Bikepacking in Chikmagalur
3 Days / 3 Nights
We have a bikepacking adventure coming up in late March. We’ll pack up our stuff, mount it all up on our bikes and just ride. Ride into the wild. Ride like there’s no tomorrow. Braving the elements, experiencing the raw, the untainted. Join Pedal in Tandem on this unique adventure! Pedal. Explore. Experience. Live.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
March 22, 2019
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Medium Group
- Guided cycling & curated travel experience
- Bicycle transport to the starting point and back
- Mechanical support
- 3 nights accommodation
- All meals
- Ride refreshments
- First aid and emergency management
- There will be no support vehicle on the rides, this is a bikepacking trip! Transfer vehicles will be arranged in case of emergency or for other contingencies.
- Personal expenses
- Transportation – We’ll be arranging to carpool. You can either get to the starting point directly or carpool with the rest of the group from Bangalore.
- Rental bikes (they’re available as add-ons)
- 5 pm: Drive from Bangalore to the Bhadra river in Chikmagalur.
- Overnight stay in a beautiful campsite by the river.
Bikepacking: ~75 km.Cumulative Elevation/Ascent: 1600 m gain, 1400 m loss
- An intense and beautiful ride with the Mullyangiri and Bababudangiri range of hills in the backdrop.
- Overnight stay in a homestay in Kemmangundi
Bikepacking: ~85 km.Cumulative Elevation: 700 m gain, 950 m loss
- Just as beautiful as the previous day, this ride will take us to the Bhadra dam, the Bhadra tiger reserve and then to the Tunga river.
- Overnight stay in a beautiful heritage homestay beside the Tunga river.
Bikepacking: ~75 km.Cumulative Elevation: 1000 m gain, 800 m loss
- We ride to the Bhadra reservoir and spend some time by the water, before heading to the campsite at the starting point of the tour
- Coracle ride and other activities in the Bhadra river
- Depart to Bangalore by 3:30 pm
In their element
A lake in the mountains
Vehicles will be parked at the campsite where we’ll be staying on 21st March. It’s a safe place with a private parking area.
- 50% refunds on cancellations done 48 hours prior to departure
- No refunds for cancellations done after that and for no-shows
Refer to the Bikepacker’s checklist provided in the Overview tab on this page.